Monday, August 7, 2017

missing big jim...

I spent the half of yesterday with my daughter, my sisters and their loved ones at Lake  Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. 
Today would have been my late father's 86th birthday. It was a tender time to gather together in the place that once nurtured the whole family. We feasted, toasted, swapped stories and listened to the highlights of our respective lives since we gathered last year at this time. There is so much to say about those who were unable to be with us since crossing over into that great cloud of witnesses. But that is for another time. Tonight, I think Horace Silver gets it right...

No comments:

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...