Monday, May 2, 2016

every day is a winding road...

Today was just one of those days - total grace!  Most of it was given to the privilege of listening to people I love. From nursing homes and schools to our own church office and other places of employment, I had the chance to sit and cherish the stories of a few genuinely brilliant, tender, real and honest people who bring small but sacred blessings to the world. Their reach isn't great. Neither is mine. But at day's end, I couldn't help but rejoice over our prayers and tears - our laughter and confessions, too - for they filled this holy day.  On Sunday, for the Feast of the Ascension, I will read Psalm 47:

Clap your hands, all you peoples, shout to the Lord with a cry of joy.
For the Lord Most High is to be feared in awe... sing praises with all your skill.

And that's what I experienced today: people singing praises to God with all their skill. It wore me out, truth be told. Partially that's because I am getting too old for all of this, but it also has something to do with the enormous, awesome and fearsome power of grace. Such a privilege... made me think of Sheryl and Prince keeping it real with this song that gets it as right as any prayer I've EVER heard in church.  So now I am off to make some black bean ful and Israeli couscous as I share a little Cote de Rhone wine and candle light with my honey...

No comments:

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...