Saturday, December 26, 2015

returning thanks...

The momentum for a local inter-faith group to challenge immigrant bashing, Islamaphobia and anti-semitism is growing in our small community. A number of people came to Christmas Eve worship to stand in solidarity. And when I called for volunteers to help, I got a great response from the gathered community, too. Our worship numbers were up this year, there is a growing sense of purpose within the congregation and a deep appreciation for our new/old worship aesthetic. 

Small wonder I crashed on Christmas Day. We had a blast with Louie opening gifts, sharing breakfast and laughter. Later in the day - after another nap - I got to feast with the whole clan.on roasted chicken in French wine with all the fixin's. I am one blessed man. And today I got nap again before playing with my grandson while his momma and daddy had a late afternoon date Tonight it is left overs and conversation and then worship in the morning. Here are a few of the highlights...


 


.

No comments:

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...