Thursday, July 16, 2015

Nuits D'Afrique...

Not much bass playing/practicing today - that shows up again in our cycle tomorrow - but a whole lotta resting and exploring. We spent the better part of the day at Nuits d'Afrique - the 29th such international festival in Montreal - just wandering, people watching, listening to music and learning to dance Gumboot. I had to drop out because I pulled something, but Di kept at it and was grand.
Later we wandered through African shops where I got my second hat to fight off the intense sun in this grand city.
Now it is time for some light salads and Middle Eastern breads before taking stock of the day. A blessing for sure...


No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...