Thursday, February 26, 2015

Got a feeling and I can't let go...

No energy within me today whatsoever. "Grief will do that," Di said with tender wisdom. I awoke exhausted and just pulled myself through most of the day. After trying to write a funeral homily for 2+ hours, I gave up for the moment and just sat quietly with my puppy and let the feelings and thoughts swim around my head. In time I got a few clues... and will get up early in the morning to organize them for a 2:00 pm liturgy.

The highlight of my day came when I shared tea with a woman whose dear husband - a local artist and friend - died just a year ago. We spoke about how he spoke to me about his approaching death. We remembered how he tried to spare her the hard details because life was already hard enough with his broken body. We shared memories, conversations and hunches. It was hard, beautiful and another two hours of holy ground.

Tomorrow, at the funeral of one of the saints, the Spirit will intercede with sighs too deep for human words. Tonight I am going to honor my weary grief and take a break...

No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...