Monday, July 28, 2014

These are days to remember...

Some days are just sweet - and today was one such sweet day. Paul Simon wrote: These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long distance call, the way the camera follows us in slo-mo, the way we look to us all; the way we look to a distant constellation that's dying in a corner of the sky; these are the days of miracle and wonder and don't cry baby, don't cry, don't cry!

Being in a small town means you can know many people - and if you are ok with being public - that is a wonderful thing. Today as I met with a colleague to discuss a movie night for young people, the drummer in our band showed up for a coffee to go and embraced me like a long lost brother. Earlier, while out for lunch with another colleague, I saw 4 community partners that I have worked with over the course of the past year. And now I am off to a church potluck with our eco-interns for conversation and songs before they meet with city council later tonight.

I guess what I want to say is simple: I am full to overflowing today with gratitude. Natalie Merchant gets it as right as anyone else...

No comments:

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...