Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Small signs for hope...

Hope comes in the most unexpected ways. Today while I mourn the loss of one of my heroes - Maya Angelou - I celebrate the movement towards peace that Pope Francis created in his recent trip. As I spoke with a rabbi colleague today, we both expressed astonishment and gratitude for Francesco I tender embrace of the complexities and the promises of this moment in time. (A good summary can be found here:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-raushenbush/the-pope-in-the-middle-east_b_5392378.html)

There is, of course, much more to say - and LOTS more to pray and work towards. At the same time, I give thanks for small gifts of hope in the midst of so much pain and so many broken hearts.

No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...