Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome little man...

It was my deepest joy to meet my first grandson today:  Louis Edmund
Piscatello.  He was born on the Feast Day of St Francis - October 4th - @ 10:40 pm. He is a big boy who weighed in @ 9lbs 3 oz.  And he is beautiful.

We gathered together as a family tonight - and I was in quiet awe - until my daughter, Jesse, entered the room as I was holding her baby.  All I could do was weep deep tears of gratitude and release.  I had no real idea of how deeply I was worried for her, her husband and her baby - so when I saw her it was a total release - and I was full to overflowing.

We stayed and visited - laughed and cried - and I kept praying quietly within in ways I cannot articulate.  Later, Di and our other daughter, Michal, joined me for some great Mexican food.  It was another blessing to have some quiet time with her, too.  She is here for the next few days to help her sister in whatever way is necessary.  This makes my heart sing.

Now it is time for rest.  I didn't sleep much last night as thousands of thoughts and prayers raced through my heart. We will visit some more tomorrow - and a bit on Monday, too - and then take some quiet time to let this blessing sink in. 

I have come to a place in my life where I must savor the joys - I can neither take them for granted nor have any interest in racing through them either - so we will make the most of this sacred visit.  I join with the rest of creation tonight in crying, "Glory to God in the highest."






4 comments:

Peter said...

Our love and congratulations comin' at ya, brother (and all involved)!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, little child. Sorry about the mess, we're working on that for ya.

(And congratulations to the new parents and grandparents!)

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

It's wonderful to to see these pictures of new life - welcome to the world beautiful Louis, and congratulations, blessings and love to all your family. Enjoy !!

RJ said...

thank you dear friends for your comments, love and prayers. i am so very grateful.

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...