Thursday, April 25, 2013

All we can do is love...

I came across this day... and it felt right.
At the close of tonight's clergy support group I found myself close to tears remembering both those who have loved me in my darkest times, and, those I have loved.  Sometimes all we can do is love, yes?  We can't fix or help most people - hell, we can't fix or help ourselves most of the time - but we can share love.  Sometimes that means letting them go in love, sometimes it means sitting through the darkness in quiet prayer and sometimes it means trusting that the love is greater than everything else. 

After he had washed their feet, had put on his robe, and had returned to the table, he said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord—and you are right, for that is what I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you...  give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

No comments:

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...