Thursday, March 22, 2012

Signing the old songs one more time...

Last week, while playing a series of St. Patrick's day gigs, I did a kick-ass version of Van Morrison's "Gloria" a la Them as part of my ode to the boys of Belfast soul.  What a ton of fun! It was a little bit Patti Smith, too I must confess... 

Tonight we play our last Irish gig for the season~ and then it is time for a total immersion in the music for Good Friday ~ and I can't wait.  So tonight feels a little lit Mary Oliver's poem "We Shake with Joy" to me:

We shake with joy, we shake with grief.
What a time they have, these two
housed as they are in the same body.

No comments:

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...