Sunday, January 29, 2012

Man does this make my heart sing...

We just got back in from four days away with the kids - it was JUST what the doctor ordered for me - a time to rest (lots) and walk (even more) as well as soak up the beauty of my NYC family. We feasted and went to cafes, saw "Hugo" and took in some funky jazz, too.  And then, just to make my heart sing, this note from a colleague who worshipped with us this morning (in my absence) was in my email-box.  Blessing abound...

... so I came to your church this morning!

Eva greeted me and I learned you were in Brooklyn. I was disappointed not to see and hear you lead worship. But then it was such a great lay-led worship service with such spirit and enthusiasm, that I did not miss you because I caught your spirit and leadership! The four workshops--music, mosaic-making, meditation, and movement were inspired and we shared when we came back together. I loved the singing circle after the passing of the peace. And the invitation to sing hymns I did not know was warm and welcoming. Thanks for a great service.

Many of your parishioners came up to me during fellowship to greet me, not knowing who I was. It was fun to be incognito, but then I was found out.
What a warm and welcoming congregation, and connectional. I'll be back when you are there. Hope you had a great get-away with family.

Blessings,
Natalie

Like I said, this makes my heart SING:  can't wait to share it with my church!

No comments:

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...