Monday, September 5, 2011

A bientot...

 Well, we're taking it slow on a short sojourn into Canada - and I'm not going to be posting much for about a week.  Mostly I want to hang with Di - reconnect and renew with my sweetheart - without taking time each day to write.  I also want to take some time each day for a little quiet reflection, prayer and wandering...

I also really want to work on learning more Quebecois French - we're trying to speak it whenever we're out in public even when I butcher it horribly - so I'm going to take a break from blogging.  We'll listen to a LOT of local jazz, explore a different neighborhood each day and soak up whatever the arts world of Montreal is offering up. I am particularly curious about what is going on at Gesu Centre de Creativite/Salles du Gesu (a contemporary arts center in the basement of a large Roman Catholic church) as well as what I might be able to cook up for my sabbatical in a few years at McGill University.  I'm going to take in some liturgies at the Anglican church as well as see what's happening at St. James United Church of Canada, too.

There is a lot to share - conversations with Quebecois musicians, exploring Isle D'Orleans and some sweet jazz - but that is for another time. 

A bientot...

1 comment:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Have a great break RJ- will look forward to your gifts when you return.
Blessings

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...