Monday, December 20, 2010

The culmination of my Advent series...

So one of my favorite blogs is by Banksboy - in the UK - who posted this totally righteous Advent meditation:

Here's an Advent meditation from 'ethical rap' artist Emmanuel Jal, endorsed by the peacemaking initiative The Elders (http://www.theelders.org/) in support of We Want Peace. Emmanuel has appeared at the Greenbelt Festival twice plus the stunning biographical film about his life 'War Child' (check out more here: http://www.warchild.org/) (At the Greenbelt Festival there was) one of those Greenbelt 'moments', as, when the film show became very delayed, a member of the audience, Shaz Brown, volunteered to perform some of her stunning and earthy urban poetry while we were waiting, everybody there will remember how amazing that was...

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me... he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners.
Isaiah 61:1

2 comments:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Brilliant RJ - I have put the video on my blog. Thanks too for your wonderful Advent Series.

RJ said...

Merry Christmas, my friend!

easter reflection at palmer 2024...

Recently, Fr. Richard Rohr wrote that Easter: "is the feast that says God will have the last word and that God’s final judgment is resu...