Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What a trip yesterday was...

The day started off with a visit from two old friends from seminary brought back together through the miracle of Facebook. We caught up and learned a bit from one another and then they headed off to Boston to share Thanksgiving with their extended family. It was truly sweet to see Carol and David again.

Then, last night, we practiced for tonight's Thanksgiving Eve gig - and my dear old friend, Hal, whom I haven't seen in 35 years came in and damn if it wasn't like old times! And man, did he cook with his singing and playing. I can't wait to get caught up with Hal and learn about life with his sweetheart, Terre, too.

We worked out some bugs in the set list - tossed a few clunkers - and added a couple of chestnuts. And then my little guitar dudes - Ethan and Zak - the REAL blues brothers brought down the practice house with their guitar licks on "Steamroller." My buddy, Ben, took this outstanding picture with Andy (and Hal in the background) that captures it all. (And Ben also brought some outstanding home brewed Porter, too!)

Ok... now onward to the show... blessings to you all.

No comments:

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...