Monday, October 18, 2010

Just a matter of time...

Well, it was just a matter of time but my old jalopy did NOT pass the Massachusetts car inspection. Too bad - it is a GREAT old 1995 Geo Prism - but it is riddled with rust and the breaks are giving up the ghost, too. To be sure, this car would have NO problem passing the tests in Arizona but that is another story. So, we'll soon be back to one vehicle again for a while. We got a good 18 months out this freebie so I can't complain (although I still might?!) I am kinda curious, though, what will happen next?

Funny things with cars: anybody else get sentimental about them? This one is NOT a beauty - the former owners let it totally go to seed - but it was so cute! And I love NOT putting my money into big car/bank payments. What's more, this bad boy took us to Montreal last year and all over Massachusetts and Vermont, too.

Here's a great old car and love song - not that we did any racing in my Geo - but still...

2 comments:

Peter said...

Wow. I remember tooling around Pittsfield with you last summer in the old buggy. All things must pass---or not...

RJ said...

Yeah, man, a fun old car but I guess the verdict is in: and it is out! Alas...

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...