Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow and ducklings...

There is much to say about our recent sojourn to Boston - and I want to reflect on it carefully - but this is perhaps the heart of it all: Dianne on the back of one of the "make way for ducklings" in Boston Public Gardens.

The book is not only the "official" children's book of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, but also the inspiration to this sculpture by Nancy Schon. And, I just discovered, there is a similar sculpture in Novodevichy Park in Moscow that marks the beginning of the START Treaty between the US and the USSR. Mrs. Barbara Bush made the presentation to Mrs. Raisa Gorbachev as a gift to all Russian children.

And this is all the more interesting to me seeing as I met my sweetheart in Russia as part of a peace initiative. Make way for ducklings, indeed!

No comments:

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...