Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jesus on the back beat...

Some days the blessings just seem to pop out of thin air. First, my secretary (a totally sweet woman) gave me a hug and told me, "Thank you for doing marriages for same sex people... my sister in law is gay and they have to deal with soooo much shit. Thank you!" There were tears in her eyes and it really touched my heart.

Then I had a TV preaching gig at a colleagues church that was just too much fun - followed by a conversation with a man from church I am really coming to care for and respect. And he gave me a totally great CD and then shared some important conversation with me about spirituality, paradox and the blessings that can emerge out of our brokenness and wounds. Finally, after getting home, I find a note that my main man from Tucson has sent me a note on Facebook saying he's posted a new song dedicated to me: "Jesus on the Back Beat."

I love this guy so much: he is a MONSTER guitar player, one of the men I consider a brother of my heart and just a great mind and soul (a sweet dad, too.) Here's the tune...


Blessings like this are treasures -and they seem to come along just at the right time. I don't pretend to understand why or how... I just love them and celebrate them.

1 comment:

Katherine E. said...

I'm celebrating them with you in this moment!

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...