Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter has finally arrived...

There is no longer any doubt: winter has come to the Berkshires. Six inches of snow today in as many hours and another 6+ predicted by Sunday evening. And when I noted on my Facebook page that I was inside, warm and loved... one of the local clan said in a way that only a grim New Englander could: "Yes, and it is still officially autumn!" Made us laugh out loud - crusty old bastard that he is! Here's what it looks like from my study - thank GOD our neighbor has a REAL snow blower!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

A beautiful version of that beautiful song. I want to sing it!

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...