Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My man... and woman!

My man, Rumi, just keeps getting better and better. After a lovely day of hanging with my sweet wife, I was struck by the Master's words:

Who makes these changes?
I shoot an arrow right.
It lands left.
I ride after a deer and find myself
chased by a hog.
I plot to get what I want
and end up in prison.
I dig pits to trap others
and fall in.
I should be suspicious of what I want.
One of the joys of growing older with a person who loves you is that they see more and more of your flaws within the blessings and love them both (at least some of the time!) What's more, they discover just the right language to tell you about them in ways that you can hear - at least that's what I have discovered as I celebrate milestones with the one I love. Hmmm, reminds me of a song that I used to think was odd but now I think is oddly wonderful:
"Surrender" by Cheap Trick!

No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...