Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dig it...

A bittersweet holiday weekend is upon us in the USA but I did a sweet wedding for two lovely young people today, met a GREAT new comrade in musical arms only to have the day close with discovering this hot singer from West London: Martina Topley-Bird.

OMG... do I dig it when she sings this song! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0i44tRDKDA&feature=related

This incredibly sultry groove says:

Tell it face to face you got you a race
Ain't got no time to taste, low stars in fire
If I went away, you could walk today
Time walks a world away: screw me, you try
You're gonna kill some
You're gonna free some
You're gonna lose someone
You're gonna fake some
You're gonna want some
You're gonna believe someone

What you're feedin me, don't make a mark on me
I don't bruise so easily, no scars inside
I tell it face to face, got no time to taste
My memory's your fate: no scars inside

You're gonna kill some, you're gonna free some
You're gonna lose someone
You're gonna taste some, you're gonna want some
You're gonna believe someone

Send me alone, I'm solemn and sorry

I'm gonna need some, I'm gonna need some
You're gonna need someone
Did you believe some, you're gonna breathe some
You're gonna free someone: send me alone
Tell it face to face, you got you a race
Face to face, you got you a race
Tell it face to face

So dig it... cuz this girl makes you want to shake your bootie in all the right ways. Blessings to you as we explore beautiful Providence: be sweet and safe until next week, precious friends.

1 comment:

Peter said...

See what you mean, RJ.

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...